"Esto Perpetua"

Chapel of S. Thomas' College, Bandarawela

Starting up something is always hard in any case. Hence, I've chosen to write about my Alma Mater as a start to my blog. A place where I made a lot of memories with friends and learned to be the person I am today.

"Esto Perpetua" -let it be perpetual
 
Hidden in the mists of Bandarawela, stands tall a big name in education in Sri Lanka. The roots of this college dates back to 1942 and even further being a branch of the well known parent college, S. Thomas' college of Mt. Lavinia. S. Thomas' College, Bandarawela has got a rich historical background throughout the 76 years of education it provided to countless students from various regions of the country. Starting up as a Preparatory school for few people the college has grown with resources, stature, respect and honor with all the successive Headmasters that governed the college up till now.

Now it provides education for about 1500 students coming from across the country, with about 150 educated staff and additional minor staff to support the maintenance of the college. The classrooms are well maintained, and the students have the opportunity of being educated in a clean, neat and a calm environment to do their studies. Apart from the academic aspect, the college comprises of numerous clubs and societies, sports and other extra-curricular activities. The college possess a well equipped indoor stadium which is considered as one of the best in schools in Sri Lanka, along with an Auditorium, Cricket ground, a Basketball court and fully equipped laboratories for IT, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.

School life in S. Thomas' College, Bandarawela has got me a lot of character and personality which I appreciate to my highest. I developed my soft skills to a great extent with the resources provided from my college, and I am proud to say that I am a Thomian. The friends that I had with me, I praise to this day as they were the motivation and inspiration i got to make an amazing life out of the school life. Sometimes cutting classes and being a little mischievous, and sometimes being obedient and learning from my teachers. I got the experience of balancing both fun and study at school. It was sad to leave the school I grew up in once i got the chance to enter the university after my secondary studies had finished. Starting a new chapter in my career in a very different surrounding. I had to say goodbye to my school after the wonderful experience it gave me.

This was a little bit about my college, S. Thomas' College, Bandarawela, and the blogging this content brought back a lot of past memories in my life. I would recommend this college to any student to attend to as this college is an amazing place to study, have fun and build your character.
Visit the college Site

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Information Security?

Team building activities to Improve Motivation

Drug and alcohol prevention